Thursday, May 14, 2015

Beauty



As a busy Mom, I find it hard to slip away and put myself together. So most days I look like an extra on the walking dead. I've accepted that. I've named it "Zombie Chic".

As life usually has it, I always run into people I know. That's how the universe works, whenever you just throw on some sweats and head to the super market, at least three people you know will magically be there. Like you don't have enough to worry about just trying to get your toddler to keep on his pants, and socks...and shoes..., and your newborn just wants to spit up and poop all over everything you put them in.

At that point I'm lucky I remembered to wear shoes.

That's life with kids. I think I may have figured it out. I now have a fool proof plan.

Step 1: Feed both kids
Step 2: Clean up after both kids
Step 3: Dress both kids
Step 4: Put on a Movie
Step 5: Forget what you had to do and watch movie
Step 6: Remember and try to sneak away
Step 7: It didn't work, and you should really put your kids down for naps before braving the supermarket
Step 8: Fall asleep with the kids.
Step 9: begin steps 1-5 over again.


Sometimes though, the cosmos will align in the most perfect way and you have just enough time to slap some makeup on your face, run a brush through your hair and grab on some clean non-spit up covered clothes.

Yesterday I had one of those moments, It was glorious, But like all shooting stars I will once again have to wait another hundred years to see it again.

I have documented the evidence to share with my readers. Brace yourself for a very rare glimpse of pulled together Sabrina.



-S


No comments:

Post a Comment