Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Late to the party,

To all my Reader who are Mothers, and Grandmothers, I salute you!

This is a few days late but hey isn't it the thought that counts?

Motherhood, the greatest adventure of a women's life, the most trans-formative journey in life. Nothing prepares you for Motherhood. You can read all the books, ask every question you can think of, practice with other people's children, research and more. Trust me, not much of it actually helps...OK well some of it does.

It's a journey, a long, sometimes tiring but the most fulfilling journey you could ever be on. Nothing in the world is more pure than that of a Mother's love. The overwhelming amount of joy you feel when you see your baby's face for the first time it's priceless. Then you get to watch them grow, see the world through their eyes as they discover everything for the first time. Cry like a baby when they start hitting their milestones. Sob in the ugliest of ways when they say "Momma" for the very first time.

Believe me there was nothing pretty about the way I cried when Liam said "Momma", I'm talking mascara running, joker face (not to mention the crazy bedhead I was sporting that day).

It isn't all sunshine and rainbows, but even on the craziest, tantrum type days, the second your kids go to bed, you find yourself missing them TERRIBLY.

I never knew what it really meant to love someone until the day I looked at my children for the very first time. I never knew I could love someone so much, but I do. Every day even through some of the harder times that come with raising children, I couldn't imagine a better way to spend my life, than to be a Mother.
                                               

                                                     Liam - 2013


Gavin - 2015

With That in being said, Happy Mother's day !


-S

No comments:

Post a Comment