Friday, May 15, 2015

Lunch break


If any of my Readers are anything like I am, Food is a bit of a passion for you. Little Known Fact about me, I actually went to Culinary school, which is where I met my husband.

I haven't had all the time in the world recently to cook, but I have started making huge changes to the meals I do make. My husband and I have cut out soda, sweet drinks, and over all junk food.

Don't let anyone tell you it isn't hard, because it is, the beast inside me wants to tear into a bag of Oreos, while stuffing my face with pizza flavored Pringles and then wash it all down with a Coke. In a perfect world where hostess snacks and pizza makes you look like a super model, I would gleefully indulge.

Alas the world isn't perfect like that, so I have to watch what I eat, not only for myself, but for my family (and of course my good ole breast milk.). It's really not the easiest thing to be healthy, it's expensive and most of all it requires a lot of effort. Like all things in life though, if its hard to do, it's usually worth it.

So here I am eating a Turkey club wrap (lettuce, cucumbers, cilantro, colby-pepper jack cheese, onions, turkey bacon and lite ranch on a jalapeno cheddar wrap) with a side of bagel chips and hummus. Drool worthy picture to follow



 Trying very hard to make better decisions for myself and my family, and I have to say, after seeing how I look now, compared to before baby G, I am pretty happy. Before Baby G I was a size 18 and very un-happy. Now after Baby G I am a size 13 thanks to a better diet, daily light walks with my toddler, and breastfeeding. Overall it's been worth it. so if any of my Readers are on a weight loss journey like I am, all I have to say is, You can do it, it's going to be hard and you have to accept that, you can have cheat days, it helps keep you sane! You are strong enough to change your body, and your way of thinking! I believe in you!

                                             5/13 - 179 pounds

We can do this

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment