Sunday, May 3, 2015

Welcome to My World


Hey there

I hope your comfortable....Are You? Yes? Great.

It's about 8:30 pm Louisiana time, Both of my boys are sleeping. Is this real life? This sounds way too good to be true. Dinner is done, Dishes are cleaned, House cleaned, Laundry Folded, and Some good old fashion Real Housewives of Atlanta on T.v.

Now that's what you call a relaxing night. What I don't call a relaxing night though, Having to pump right now. Having to Pump every two hours regardless of if my youngest has eaten or not.

Pumping, Breast Feeding, is SUCH a commitment.

Here's the breakdown. I am Six weeks Postpartum, I unfortunately did not get to experience breast feeding my first son. So here I am, an experienced mom of two, still trying to figure out my Medela Breast Pump.

Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing I would rather do than provide my son with everything he needs. The benefits of of breastfeeding completely and utterly out weigh just how hard it is to really get into the swing of things.

....And as if by clockwork, my little man is hungry. So while I start feeding him, There are a few things I have noticed I can NOT breastfeed without.


  - Boppy Pillow
  - Bamboobies Nursing Pad
   -Upspring Milkscreen Testing Kit
   -Itzbeen Baby Care Timer
   -Lansinoh Brand Lanolin
   -Palmer's Nursing Butter
   -Born Free Nighty Night Nursing Light
     (Soft Plush Bunny optional)

Luckily Breastfeeding is both amazing for your budget as it is for your baby. Of course it isnt for the Faint of heart. There is a lot of things they don't tell you about what to expect when you first start.

Like the Fact that it is going to hurt...a lot

When you first start your milk takes a bit to come in, and if you don't feed your baby every two hours (With Gavin I really relied on my pump because he was a NICU baby) you can become engorged. But don't let it discourage you, if you have access to feed your baby, then they will feed enough to keep the engorgement away.

Your nipples will hurt. They will hurt and it will ease over time. Buy Nipple Butter and Lanolin to combat the pain. It will be your lifesaver, like the heavens opened up just to give you relief.

Just Don't give up, because it is more than worth it. Well Goodnight from Baby G and I



If you want more information click here.

  Have any Questions? Ask Away in the comments

            -S



No comments:

Post a Comment